-
After taking years to decide who qualified for part of the more than $600 million settlement, the process of handing out the money started last month.
-
Senator Elissa Slotkin (D-MI) spoke on the Senate floor on Thursday about the Flint community’s struggles in the wake of the Flint water crisis. Slotkin said the community’s still in pain, and in the process of seeking accountability and justice for a water crisis they didn’t cause.
-
An online portal started processing payments for about 7,000 property damage claims since December 12. According to the official settlement website, 2,854 payments had been made as of Tuesday evening.
-
People in Flint should start receiving letters in the mail this week informing them how much money they will receive from the Flint water settlement fund.
-
Friday's court order says a letter will be sent to each claimant with instructions on how to set up their payment. There's more than $600 million in the settlement fund.
-
In a federal court filing Friday, Special Master Deborah Greenspan wrote the payments would range from approximately $100,000 to $1,000.
-
More than 58,000 claims were filed for a share of an settlement pool worth more than $600 million set up by the state of Michigan and other groups in 2020.
-
Dividing the more than $600 million settlement pool is going to take a little bit longer.
-
A look back on what led to the Flint water crisis and what more still needs to be done in the city, a new natural gas project in northern Michigan, the role Michigan might play in November's presidential election as a swing state, multi-displinary artist Tiff Massey's upcoming exhibit at the DIA, and a conversation with Flint mayor Sheldon Neeley.
-
On April 25, 2014, the city's drinking water source was switched to the Flint River. Improperly treated river water damaged aging pipes, releasing lead into Flint's drinking water