Stateside for Thursday, April 23, 2015
Today on Stateside:
- Our latest essay for The Next Idea explores the concept of "responsible innovation" through haiku, the traditional Japanese poetry of three lines with five, seven and five syllables.
- Vintners in Michigan could have another disaster on their hands this year. Interlochen's Peter Payette reports.
- Our Poetically Speaking series continues with Margaret Noodin’s Weweni, a collection of poems in Anishnaabemowin and English.
- Some in Michigan and other Great Lakes states wonder: could the parched west be eyeing Great Lakes water? Michigan Radio’s Mark Brush reports.
- Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howestalks to us about rumors of Gov. Rick Snyder running for president.
- Stateside’s Emily Fox previews the debut album by Grand Rapids indie-soul band Vox Vidorra.