Stateside: GOP pushback on extended stay at home order; social distancing and domestic violence
Today on Stateside, we talk to a Republican state senator who says that Governor Whitmer’s extension of the emergency stay at home order goes too far. Plus, how students with disabilities who rely on schools for important services are faring at home.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
- Dale Zorn is a Republican state senator representing Michigan’s 17th District.
Dr. Markel: Quarantine measures still needed, and will be for some time
- Dr. Howard Markel is a medical historian at the University of Michigan.
- Sarah Prout Rennie is the executive director of the Michigan Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence.
- Max Johnston is a reporter with Interlochen Public Radio.
Students with disabilities face huge hurdles in shift to online learning
- Koby Levin is a reporter withChalkbeatin Detroit.
Garden stores aren’t considered “essential” businesses under Gov.’s emergency order
- Lester Graham is a reporter with Michigan Radio.