- Gov. Rick Snyder and a recent MLive.com editorialare calling for the state to approve additional funding for the city of Flint. House Speaker Kevin Cotter provides an update of the status of the funding and what is causing the delay.
- Russell Padmore, a business corespondent from the BBC, talksabout what Gov. Rick Snyder is doing during his European trip, and how much of an impact these foreign visits by American elected officials have.
- Eastern Michigan University was featured in an episode of HBO's Real Sports highlighting athletic departments that are losing money and where students are footing the bill. Many have suggested, including Michigan Radio's John U. Bacon, that the school's struggling football program should be dropped or at least moved down to a lower division. EMU Athletic Director Heather Lyke responds to that criticism and addresses the state of the school's football program.
- Vincent York, the front man for the Vincent York +4, will be performing in Ann Arbor on April 30, which is International Jazz Day. The composer, bandleader, educator and advocate for the arts joins Stateside to talk about his upcoming performance and why jazz should be celebrated.
- The White House will recognize a Detroit man for his role in establishing a drug recovery program. Andre Johnson is the President and CEO of the Detroit Recovery Projectand will be recognized by President Obama as one of 10 “Champions of Change.”
- Michigan State University professor Joan Rose was awarded the 2016 Stockholm Water Prize at the United Nation's World Water Day. She was honored for her contributions to global public health including her research on human health in water.