Tuesday, July 19, 2022
On this episode of Stateside, we heard from a journalist about the increase of out-of-state patients coming to Michigan for reproductive health care in the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court overturning the Roe v Wade decision. Then, we heard how Muskegon Lake has been transforming from industrial dumping spot into a community resource with prized lake front property.
After that, our friends at Interlochen Public Radio introduced us to some four-legged landscapers. A data reporter shared some interesting findings on the correlation between the high number of petition signatures collected on a statewide ballot measure and voter approval. To wrap up, we heard Michigan Radio’s Doug Tribou conversation with DeVos family endorsed GOP gubernatorial candidate Tudor Dixon.
GUESTS ON TODAY’S SHOW:
- Karen Bouffard, investigative health care reporter for The Detroit News
- Lynn Moore, lead reporter for MLive in Muskegon covering local government.
- Patrick Shea, reporter for Interlochen Public Radio
- Taylor DesOrmeau, data reporter for MLive
- Doug Tribou, host and anchor for Michigan Radio's Morning Edition
- Tudor Dixon, Republican candidate for Governor of Michigan