Stateside for Tuesday, November 11
Today on Stateside:
- Zoe Clark and Rick Pluta from It's Just Politics talk about what might be on the agenda for the lame duck legislative session.
- A Michigan State senior is heading a group to get protections for unpaid interns.
- Frontier Ruckus has made its mark nationally and internationally in the re-emergent folk rock world. The Michigan band has a new album out today.
- When you think of good improv comedy, your first thought might be Chicago's Second City. But there's a thriving improv comedy scene in the Detroit area, too.
- Shopping for a new car, truck or SUV? Then you've seen that sticker on the window telling you the car's MPG rating. Many consumers give great consideration to a vehicle's fuel efficiency when making a choice. But did you know the EPA does its MPG testing in a lab in Ann Arbor?
- Tom Walsh from the Detroit Free Press explores the fall of the auto industry in Michigan since the 1960's.