Stateside: Thursday, Sept. 15, 2022
Today on Stateside, we talked to American journalist Danny Fenster, a native of Michigan, who spent 176 days in prison in Myanmar as a political prisoner. Then, the owners of Wasem Fruit Farm joined to discuss their decades in the apple business and the plan to pass on their legacy to a new family. Plus, a paleontologist from the University of Michigan talked about how he's still learning new things from the university's collection of mastodon bones—decades after helping to uncover them.
GUESTS ON TODAY’S SHOW
- Danny Fenster, journalist and Nieman Fellow at Harvard University
- Jan Upston, owner of Wasem Fruit Farm
- Bruce Upston, owner of Wasem Fruit Farm
- Karl Thuemmel, future owner of Wasem Fruit Farm
- Daniel Fisher, professor of paleontology at the University of Michigan and curator of the U of M Paleontology Museum