Stateside: Mask mandates in schools; tiny snail computers; Malice at the Palace documentary
Today on Stateside, the Genesee County Health Department mandates masks in schools amid protests from parents. Then, innovative technology helps figure out what’s killing tiny snails. And, the infamous brawl at a 2004 Pacers-Pistons game gets the Netflix documentary treatment.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Genesee County mandates masks for K-6 students attending class
- Kayleigh Blaney is deputy health officer for Genesee County.
- Caroline Llanes is a reporter with Michigan Radio.
Michigan researchers track tiny snails with even tinier cameras
- Cindy Bick is a graduate student studying ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of Michigan.
- David Blaauw is a professor of electrical engineering and computer science at the University of Michigan.
A new perspective on the infamous "Malice at the Palace" brawl
- Larry Lage is a sports reporter with the Associated Press.