Stateside: Poll challenger training; exhibit honors MMIWG2S; Arab American voters in MI
Today on Stateside, the role of election challengers at the polls. Also, a Mt. Pleasant photographer uses striking portraits to call attention to missing and murdered Indigenous women. And a conversation about the Arab American voting bloc in Michigan.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Here’s what poll challengers can and can’t do at the polls
- Madeline Halpert is a reporter for Bridge Michigan and with Vote Beat, a ChalkBeat initiative.
- You can find Halpert’s article here.
Native photographer creates striking portraits in honor of missing and murdered Indigenous people
- Marcella Hadden is a photographer in Mount Pleasant. Her community is the Saginaw Chippewa Tribal nation.
- Shannon Martin is Director of Ziibiwing Center of Anishinabe Culture & Lifeways for the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan, on the Isabella Reservation.
- Here is a linkto the digital exhibit.
- Rima Meroueh is director for the National Network for Arab American Communities.
- Ali Harb is a reporter for Middle East Eye.