Stateside: Thursday, Feb. 16, 2023
Today, we talked about Michigan's laws that allowed the suspected MSU gunman to own a firearm, even after a previous conviction. Then, we heard about an effort to create an interactive online map of Malcolm X's early life in Lansing. Plus, we spoke with a University of Michigan grad student about a recent study that found Black Americans are more likely to be audited by the IRS. We ended with a breakdown of Governor Whitmer's proposed long term plan for free preschool.
GUESTS ON TODAY'S SHOW:
- Craig Mauger, state politics reporter, The Detroit News
- John Aerni-Flessner, professor, Residential College of Arts and Humanities at Michigan State University
- Herb Boyd, journalist, author, and activist
- Evelyn Smith, business and economics doctoral student, University of Michigan
- Koby Levin, reporter, Chalkbeat Detroit